|Availability: All Civilizations|
The Civic Centre is the main building of a civilization, it is also the only building the player has when they first start a game. It serves many important functions:
- they define a player's territory;
- they contribute +20 population capacity;
- functions as a dropsite for any type of resource;
- allows the creation of basic civilization units;
- has a small arrow attack and may be garrisoned for protection of your female citizens. Infantry garrisoned in a Civic Center add to the number of arrows fired.
- offers research related to civilization advancement.
- When captured, all buildings, except fortresses and defense towers, that are suported by the Civic Centre, will collapse.
- In some civilisations there is a limit of 1 Civic Center (your starting center). These are:
Each civilization has a different name for this building:
- The Celts civic center has a special technology pair. One item will have the civilization phase into the Britons town phase, while the other will have the civilization phase into the Gauls town phase.
- The Athenians, Hellenes, Macedonians, and Spartans civic centres take an extra 30 seconds to build but have 300 bonus hitpoints.
- The Roman Civic Centre is based on the Basilica Julia.